6 Ideas To Lower Your Homeowners Insurance Premium
Homeowners insurance is a necessary expense, but it doesn't have to break the bank. Here are six ways to reduce your annual premium and save money:
1. Shop Around: Insurance companies offer a variety of rates, so it pays to shop around. Comparing quotes from different insurers can help you find the best coverage at the lowest price.
2. Raise Your Deductible: Increasing your deductible is one of the easiest ways to lower your premium. You could save up to 20% if you raise your deductible from $500 to $1,000.
3. Seismic Retrofit: Installing a seismic retrofit can also help reduce your premium. Retrofitting your home will help to protect it in case of an earthquake, and many insurance companies offer discounts for homes that have been retrofitted. Curious if your home could benefit from a seismic retrofit? Book a free consultation today.
4. Bundle Policies: If you have multiple policies, such as auto and home insurance, you may be eligible for a bundle discount. Ask your insurance company if they offer any discounts for bundling.
5. Install Home Security Systems: Installing a home security system can help to lower your premium by up to 20%.
6. Improve Your Credit Score: Insurance companies often use credit scores to determine premiums, so improving your credit score can help reduce your premium. Pay your bills on time, keep your debt low, and dispute any inaccurate information on your credit report.
As you can see, there are many options to try and reduce your insurance premium. With a little time and research, you should be saving money in no time.